DIMTS have deployed mobile applications in multiple cities in India, such as the two largest city operations in Mumbai and Delhi, Gurugram and Nagpur. Our applications enable both the commuters using public transport systems in these cities, as well and other stakeholders such as the public bus service operation’s officials to use and manage the bus system more effectively and efficiently, respectively. DIMTS was the first to launch a multimodal transit app, viz. Pooch-O in Delhi that allowed users to plan their travel across bus, Metro Rail, taxis and auto rickshaws to reach their destinations. The biggest advantage of these apps is that DIMTS calculates and displays real-time ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) of the buses using a Machine Learning algorithm, which not only considers the real time position of the buses based on their GPS coordinates, but also the actual traffic conditions and historical information of the same.
The general flow of the apps is exemplified through the flow of the Pooch-O app as follows:
Poochh-O app provides the following options to the commuters:
- Car Pool
- The user may select a preferred mode of transport and tap the Go button
- The screen also displays the current temperature of the city, along with links to visit some prominent locations of the city.
- App has interface in English and Hindi
When user taps on the “Popular Destination” in List item, then Popular destination details and the transit routes to the place shall be shown.
This is the landing page when the user select bus as preferred mode of transit
Three action buttons are shown at the top:
- Trip Planner
- Bus Stop
Once origin-destination is selected, possible routes are listed.
Each listed route shows the following information:
- Intermediate hops and bus route nos. to be taken for the journey
- Trip fare
- Trip distance
- Trip travel time
- When user inputs any route number , a drop-down listwith suggested route nos. is populated along with description.
- On selection of a particular route, its origin, destination and all intermediate bus-stops along with the current buses running on that route will be shown, along with the ETA.
- Location of the user is automatically detected and is shown in the location box
- Alternately user can also enter location in the box to get bus stops in the vicinity
- When user taps on the location then all buses arriving at that bus stop will be shown as list.
- The list grid displays the Route Number, Occupancy (For Cluster Buses), ETA and destination bus stop of the busses arriving at the bus stop.