National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) Acquiring & Issuing
Client – IDFC First Bank
Government of India has undertaken an initiative to build India’s highway network. This emphasises the need for instituting toll collection points on large scale, which leads to a framework for creating an automated and interoperable electronic tolling structure across the country’s highway network.
Indian Highway Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL) is engaged in the maintenance of National Highways of India and as part of this endeavour, National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has given the responsibility to IHMCL for implementing Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) system at toll plazas of National Highways, by implementing National Electronic Toll Collection System (NETC System)
NHAI/IHMCL has authorized National Payment Corporation of India(NPCI) for providing a composite solution on Electronic Toll Collection which would take care of the clearing and settlement of electronic toll transaction to make it interoperable and secure. The main objective is to evolve the current ETC ecosystem into four party scalable model, i.e. Issuer System (Bank Owned), Acquirer System (Bank Owned), NPCI and Toll Plaza Operator, from the existing single party model.
DIMTS customized its Automatic Fare Collection System to provide IDFC First Bank with NETC Issuing & Acquiring system duly certified by NPCI. Both Acquiring & Issuing Host are live since December 2016, and have now handled daily toll transactions over Rs 8 crore on Acquirer side and Rs 12 crore for the bank.
On the NETC Tag Issuing side (managing over 15 Lakh IDFC First Bank issued tags accounting for about 30% of Toll debit transactions via NPCI):
- DIMTSPay Issuing Host Solution provides
(a) Issuance portal of RFID tags to Retail/Corporate customers
(b) Help Desk Portal
(c) Customer Portal (Road User Portal).
- DIMTSPay provides inventory management of RFID tags/top up facilities/customer service channels, including reconciliation and account management.
- DIMTSPay integrates with various channels of bank such as Internet Banking, Mobile Banking including CBS. The platform manages operational services, user experiences and integration of various core & allied systems of bank in ETC management like NPCI, UPI, Payment gateway, 3rd Party system etc. including daily/real time recon & settlement, and provide a consistently controlled and seamless channel experience to the IDFC First Bank’s Tag Holders.
On the NETC Acquiring side (managing over 100 NHAI IDFC First Bank acquired Toll Plazas accounting for over 20% of Toll debit transactions via NPCI):
- DIMTSPay Acquiring Host Solution provides
(a) Concessionaire Portal
(b) Help Desk Portal
- DIMTSPay manages all Plaza digital transaction processing/pass issuance/plaza service channels, including reconciliation, daily settlement and Plaza account management.
- DIMTSPay integrates with various channels of bank such as Internet Banking, Mobile Banking including CBS. The platform manages operational services, user experiences and integration of various core & allied systems of bank in ETC management like NPCI, IHMCL, Payment gateway, 3rd Party system etc. including daily reconciliation & settlement, and provide a best in industry system experience to the IDFC First Bank’s Concessionaire users.